PACKING HINTS & TIPS
IMOVE recommend that you take advantage of our expert export packing service when planning your international removal. However there are occasions when you might want to pack your self. For this reason we have assembled a guide to packing for your international removal.
We do recommend that you purchase export quality packing boxes & cartons for the safe transport of your goods.
We recommend packingboxes.co.uk as supplier of high quality packaging materials, suitable for packaging for export. They offer a wide range of products that are of the highest quality and offer FREE next day delivry.
Recommended uses for the various size cartons available: Remember small boxes for heavy items and larger boxes for lighter items!
||SIZE IN CMS
||USED TO PACK
|2 cuft book Carton
||33 x 33 x 46cms
||Books, CD’s, DVD, Wine Bottles, Spirit Bottles
|4 cuft Carton
||46 x 46 x 50cms
||Clothing, China, Glass, Ornaments, Stereos, Printers, PC’s
|6 cuft Carton
||46 x 46 x 75cms
||Duvets, Pillows, Blankets, Light weight Clothing, Cushions
|Lay Flat Carton
||92 x 46 x 26cms
||For clothing you wish to lay flat, curtains, coats, shoes
- Set up carton by folding in the bottom flaps left and right, do not cross them
- Tape the bottom of the cartons and around the bottom edges of the carton
- Use a lot of paper, all breakable items should be wrapped individually in paper.
- Crumpled paper should be used to cushion the bottom and sides of the carton in which breakables are being packed.
- Plates should be stacked vertically as if they are in a dish drainer, glasses and stemware should be placed in an upright position
- Fill all cartons to the top without overfilling, cartons that are not completely filled tend to crush when they are stacked, small spaces at the top can be filled with crumpled paper, or use towels, blankets and similar items.
- Heavy items should be placed in the bottom of the carton lighter items on the top to prevent damage.
- Ensure cartons are firm at the top, fold in flaps in the same manner as the bottom and seal with tape.
- Mark the carton with you name on a side and the top, the room and a brief description of the contents for easy placement at delivery.
Call today for a FREE quote 0800 998 7024